When lifting your Tesla with a car jack, if you don’t do it the right way, you can really jack up your Tesla. This is because the jack points on a Tesla are dangerously close to a very expensive battery pack. It would be like lifting an ICE car by it’s gas tank. Another thing to keep in mind is that damage caused by lifting is not covered by the warranty.
So let’s find out how to lift your Tesla.
All Tesla models have four lift points. For Models S and X, they have three holes per jack point. You can place the jack pad in the middle hole to lift the vehicle. Models 3 and Y only have one hole. Our jack pads work for all Tesla models.
Lift points in green:
These jack pads provide a safe, non-slip barrier between your Tesla and the jack, so you can lift your car without damaging the battery pack or side skirt.
Also, make sure that any non-Tesla repair facility is aware of these lifting points and you give them the jack pads to use.
How to jack up your Tesla:
1. If your Tesla has Smart Air Suspension (Models S and X only), it automatically self-levels, even when power is off. So, it’s very important to turn that off before lifting it. Use the touchscreen to set the suspension as follows:
- Touch Controls > Suspension
- Press the brake pedal, then touch Very High to maximize the height of the suspension.
- Press the brake pedal, then touch Controls > Service > Jack Mode to disable self-leveling. (When in Jack mode, a red air suspension indicator lights up on the instrument panel.)
2. Make sure the charge cable is disconnected.
3. Put the jack pads in the four locations. They should fit right in the holes.
4. Adjust the height and position of the jack to ensure its correctly located.
5. Raise the jack, ensuring the jack pads remain in their correct position.
6. Once you’re finished with the jack, lower the Tesla and remove the jack pads.
7. Turn off jack mode.
NOTE: Jack mode automatically cancels when you drive over 4 mph (7 km/h).
These are easy to use, easy to store, and can be purchased on our website at Tesbros.com. Thanks for watching and please feel free to reach out to us with any questions at support.tesbros.com or on social media @teslabros.
Click here to buy these jack pads!